Soo I won my first blog giveaway today! I entered a giveaway for the book Plan B by pastor Pete Wilson from Kelly’s Korner (one of my very favorite blogs ever). Just based on the title alone, I figured this book was written for my life. For those of you that don’t know me well, I am the poster child for a life “Plan B.” Even after an entire year, I am still struggling with the decision to turn down my acceptance to Pharmacy School, my ultimate goal of many years. I am struggling with the “what next?” aspect of my professional life. I am struggling with the fact that I wish God would just reveal my purpose so that I wouldn’t have to guess, and potentially fail, at whatever I decide to do next. I am so excited to read this book, and I think it is just what I need to move past the confusion and anxiety of moving on to Plan B of my life!
…I am thankful for right now, And always. (From this past Sunday)
1) Being in love with someone who is in love with the Lord and works at building His Kingdom! Whitley Church, where the Tar Heel works, just started a THIRD SERVICE on Sunday mornings at noon! (due in large part to his encouragement) How awesome! They had a fantastic first service of ~50 people. Go here to listen to the sermon or come by next weekend to one of the 5 (yes, five!) services.
2) Church services at Hope Community Church (pictured above at right) where Pastor Mike Lee makes a simple children’s game of Hide and Seek a powerful illustration of the love of Christ. Our Lord is constantly seeking us. Did you know that the translation of “Olly Olly Oxen Free” is actually “All ye, all ye, in come free”? Hear the sermon in full here.
3) Long car rides to Greensboro with my love to pick up his “new” love – a Mamiya RB67 Pro film camera (pictured above at left). I loved to just watch his excitement as he sat in the passenger seat the whole ride home playing with his new toy. I cannot wait to see the amazing pictures that he will take with that camera!
4) A slice of cheesecake (with caramel and mandarin slices) after a delicious dinner at Tobacco Road.
5) Singing silly songs to each other and making up the words as we go. And then laughing hysterically.
6) Each and every magical moment I spend with the person I love. It is an indescribable feeling to have a heart so full and complete.
Oh, I just have to share this with you all. For anyone who has lost in any capacity of their life (which is probably every.single.one.of.us) this is such a fabulous perspective on opportunity in grief. I do believe the Lord breaks us to use us in the capacity of his wonderfully ordained plan for our lives, beginning with our conception.
It’s so wonderful to see the opportunity in grief. I know it helped me to look for the opportunity in loss when I was going through a painful breakup. And now, I am so grateful for experiencing that intense hurt, because I have a compassion for the broken hearted that I never ever knew before. I am so so so thankful for that loss as a result. And everything, of course, worked out just perfect. Everyday my life is a constant reminder of this verse, “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28.