First, I am finally feeling a little better. I am not 100% but I am getting there. Thanks for thoughts and prayers :)
Next, please direct your attention to the Links listed to the right of your screen. —->
These are my daily blog reads, aka my favorites in the blog world. I love these blogs and think the great minds behind them are so fun and bring a little joy to my day. I have recently added a new link to a photo blog of someone who I am a bit partial to…. the Tar Heel. :) He has decided to start his own blog journey in the form of a photo blog (pholog?) After all, the Stately Lady wouldn’t even exist if it weren’t for him… Yep, its true. The Stately Lady was started by the Tar Heel, during one of his many efforts to woo me in our early days (Side note: His wooing efforts were completely unnecessary. I was smitten with the Tar Heel for a long time. But It’s common courtesy to let a man woo you when he wishes, though. So I let him.) He obtained the domain name and helped me get started with WordPress since he is a web genius and generally great at EVERYTHING. So, check out the Tar Heel’s blog if you get a minute. :)
While we are making some introductions, have you met my sweet Riley yet? No? Well here he is. :)
( I realize that Riley is completely unrelated to my post but I saw this picture in my Random pics folder at work and couldn’t resist. He loves the fall, just like his mom.)
Rileybear is currently living at his “country home” with my parents. He is not a lover of the big city like his mom and much prefers being able to run and play outside and terrorize my parent’s cat, Baby. This leads to lots of long distance anxiety and guilt on my part. On Tuesday, my dad was out of town and my mom was helping at the local voting polls where she was scheduled to stay from 5:30 am – 9:30 pm with no option of leaving. (Seriously?) This left my poor puppy to go potty-less for approximately 16 hours. Being over an hour away and working full time meant my hands were tied, and my usual puppy helpers, Bobo and SIL, were both busy as well. I was at a loss at this point. Fortunately for me (and Rileybear),the Tar Heel came through and saved the day. The Tar Heel is my NP. (new possibility) If anyone is a follower of Mormon in Manhatten then you’ll get that. He also happens to live in the same town as my parents. Being a NP, I was unsure if I should ask such a big favor right away. However, I quickly learned that the Tar Heel was more than willing and did not hesitate at the opportunity to help me. Not only did the Tar Heel take Riley out for a potty break, but he stuck around and spent “mantime” with him! How sweet was that? As if I wasn’t already smitten, the Tar Heel even sent me the cutest picture of him and Riley hanging out. Love it people, love it.
The Tar Heel is so legit.
Every person has their own set of “people.” These aren’t “people” as in the cliche, ‘Have your people call my people’ sense of the word, but rather the real, they’re there even when others aren’t kind of people. Because the purpose of this blog is for my enjoyment and yours, I’d like to introduce my people, all of which will make guest appearences on this blog at some point in time. These people are tried and true and have been there for me through the best and worst of times. They are so legit.
- Spinner: Old school BFF. Spinner is my best friend from high school, college and beyond. She graduted this past May, and we have been through life in every way together. I love who she is in Christ, and I know I get through most of my most difficult times with her prayerful support. She will be in the majority of my stories. Get use to it. Spinner is a reference to our love of rap music. We recently went to our first, but definitely not last, Lil Wayne concert this fall. I mean, after he gets out of jail, I’m sure he will be touring again. Right?
- Amster: New School BFF. Amster and I met the summer before our freshman year in college and by December, we had ditched our pot-luck roommates for each other. We shared the smallest dorm room on campus our spring semester, freshman year, and it was by far one of the most memorable times of my life. Hard to believe I will be in her wedding next May, but I can hardly wait!
- The Lil: Some of you may know her as Southern-Sunshine! She is my Lil Sis from my sorority in college, Pi Beta Phi. She is one of the sweetest, most loving people of all time and I love her and her unwavering faith in Jesus Christ. She is quite the little example of a fully-devoted follower. And I really mean little. She is basically five-foot-nothing.
- Bobo: My brother. Bobo is five years older than me and married to my S-I-L (obviously) and they are expecting their first baby in January! This is exciting to me on several levels. 1) I am so excited to be an Aunt! I am really hoping to be called something cute like Auntie Gina. 2) Goodbye pressure from my parents! I’ve been hearing complaints of no grandchildren from them for years. What is with that?! 3) I can’t wait to spoil this child rotten!
- Riley: My puppy. Aka Rileybear, Riley-roo, Rowdy Riley, or just Crazy, he will answer to any. Riley was rescued from the big horrible pound just weeks before Christmas in 2005. He is believed to be around 7 years old and of the cocker spaniel variety. But he is KNOWN to be of the sweetest, best-puppy-ever variety. :) We also think he is fluent in Spanish.
That’s it for now. This is the condensed version but I figured I should get those few out of the way first so everyone isn’t completely in the dark.