Can’t believe it is already Oct. 26th (the eve of my 27th birthday). Where did this semester go?
Yesterday we had an anatomy test at 8am and 2 hours/100 questions on Endocrine, Digestion, Reproduction and the Urinary system later, my brain is STILL trying to recover. So here goes my post on Fall Break…two weeks later. What can I say, It is what it is, people!
Thursday, aka Fall Break Day 1:
- Early morning manicure with my sweet PA friend, Alex, where we chatted all about her engagement shoot that was happening that weekend in Asheville (which turned out AMAZING by the way!)
- Lunch with my BFF Erin at Cafe Cattura and dessert at Sugarland in Cameron Village, aka my Happy Place!
- Farm Worker’s Clinic with one of my PA school instructors. This was an awesome experience for me. I got to do my first breast exam on a patient, saw a gentleman who decided to remove his own cast after breaking his ankle because he wanted to make sure his “meat was growing back with the bone” along with some other fairly awesome cases…all in SPANISH! I left the clinic with a renewed hope of becoming fluent in Spanish AND a bit of an obsession with the idea of doing a Spanish medical immersion program. But, I have to get my degree first so no carts before the horse.
Friday, aka Fall Break Day 2:
- The Tar Heel took the day off so we got to spend an entire weekday together!! It was amazing! I cannot tell you how much I have missed him during this little “venture” into PA school. We’ve had to do a lot of adjusting and sacrificing of time for each other so it was nice to just “be” for one day. We had no agenda, no plans and total relaxation. We ended up relaxing the whole day and rounding out the evening with seeing Old Habits play downtown at 42nd Street Oyster Bar. My lil Ave and her husband, Grant, made an appearance and so did Erin and her beau, Sammy. It was a LOT of fun. So much fun I forgot how long it has been since I was able to enjoy a glass of wine and boy did I make up for lost time that night. But I had the BEST time with my girls. True friends are really priceless.
Saturday, aka Fall Break Day 3:
- Recovered from Fall Break Day (night) 2.
- Made a spontaneous decision to go to Naylor Family Farms with Riley and the Tar Heel where we experienced the Corn Maze, picked a couple of pumpkins and went on a hay ride. The Tar Heel also insisted on taking Riley down two giant slides and he actually LOVED it. Me on the other hand — I was a basket case thinking Riley was going to try and jump off or get hurt. I am already nervous thinking about our kids and their destiny of shenanigans given their father’s adventurous childhood… eeek!! Glad that’s far away :)
Sunday, aka Fall Break Day 4:
- Went to an awesome church service at Hope Community Church – Holly Springs campus!!
- Relaxed a bit more….
- ….and finally said goodbye to Fall Break and wound up studying for my Pharmacotherapeutics test the following Tuesday. All good things must come to an end!