Every person has their own set of “people.” These aren’t “people” as in the cliche, ‘Have your people call my people’ sense of the word, but rather the real, they’re there even when others aren’t kind of people. Because the purpose of this blog is for my enjoyment and yours, I’d like to introduce my people, all of which will make guest appearences on this blog at some point in time. These people are tried and true and have been there for me through the best and worst of times. They are so legit.
- Spinner: Old school BFF. Spinner is my best friend from high school, college and beyond. She graduted this past May, and we have been through life in every way together. I love who she is in Christ, and I know I get through most of my most difficult times with her prayerful support. She will be in the majority of my stories. Get use to it. Spinner is a reference to our love of rap music. We recently went to our first, but definitely not last, Lil Wayne concert this fall. I mean, after he gets out of jail, I’m sure he will be touring again. Right?
- Amster: New School BFF. Amster and I met the summer before our freshman year in college and by December, we had ditched our pot-luck roommates for each other. We shared the smallest dorm room on campus our spring semester, freshman year, and it was by far one of the most memorable times of my life. Hard to believe I will be in her wedding next May, but I can hardly wait!
- The Lil: Some of you may know her as Southern-Sunshine! She is my Lil Sis from my sorority in college, Pi Beta Phi. She is one of the sweetest, most loving people of all time and I love her and her unwavering faith in Jesus Christ. She is quite the little example of a fully-devoted follower. And I really mean little. She is basically five-foot-nothing.
- Bobo: My brother. Bobo is five years older than me and married to my S-I-L (obviously) and they are expecting their first baby in January! This is exciting to me on several levels. 1) I am so excited to be an Aunt! I am really hoping to be called something cute like Auntie Gina. 2) Goodbye pressure from my parents! I’ve been hearing complaints of no grandchildren from them for years. What is with that?! 3) I can’t wait to spoil this child rotten!
- Riley: My puppy. Aka Rileybear, Riley-roo, Rowdy Riley, or just Crazy, he will answer to any. Riley was rescued from the big horrible pound just weeks before Christmas in 2005. He is believed to be around 7 years old and of the cocker spaniel variety. But he is KNOWN to be of the sweetest, best-puppy-ever variety. :) We also think he is fluent in Spanish.
That’s it for now. This is the condensed version but I figured I should get those few out of the way first so everyone isn’t completely in the dark.